The Student News Site of Bettendorf High School

The Growl

The Growl

The Growl

Taylor Swifts Eras tour became one of the most sought after venues of the summer.
Summer news recap
September 18, 2023

Friday’s Football Outlook

Bettendorf looks to continue strong start
Blowout%3A+The+Bulldogs+shake+hands+at+the+end+of+a+48-0+shutout+of+the+West+High+Falcons.+
Reece Shrader
Blowout: The Bulldogs shake hands at the end of a 48-0 shutout of the West High Falcons.

After a dominating game versus the Davenport West Falcons, the 2-0 Bulldogs look to add another win to their record and protect their #5 ranking. In week 3, Bettendorf travels to Des Moines to face off against the Urbandale J-Hawks, who come off a good win versus Iowa City West. The Urbandale J-Hawks have defeated the Bulldogs the past 2 years, and are looking to upset Bettendorf, which could be a big momentum shift for the J-Hawks.

The Bulldogs are confident and ready to get redemption. Although having Cooper Agosta, linebacker, and Matt Magistrelli, defensive back, out due to injuries, Coach Aaron Wiley and the Bulldogs are leaning towards veteran keys players to make big plays during Friday’s game.

Strong safety, Dylan McCormick, played a big role in limiting Davenport West’s offense to 0 points. McCormick tacked on 4 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, and an interception to his stats.

McCormick said that his training has all been in the weight room, “Putting in the work with your team-mates and having it result on the field is a great feeling.”

A livestream of tonight’s game is available for those who can’t attend.